Now, *I* haven’t stopped watching “Once Upon a Time” (even though I struggled with Season 2), but many others have and that’s why I’m writing this post.
1. It’s not just about ‘ships or a particular character – it’s about the story. Would you stop reading a book because the story goes a certain way? No, you would be committed to the story to see how it ended. The same thing applies to Once Upon a Time.
2. The story may not have gone where you thought it should, but the story isn’t over yet. I’m not saying you will get your wish as far as where the goes, but if you give up before the whole story is told, you’ll never know where it went to get to the end.
3. (Most of) the characters in Once Upon a Time are still on the show and the story arcs are full (Evil characters can be redeemed, and Good characters can go bad – like real life) and fascinating. Watching Lana Parrilla act her way from the Queen of all Evil in Season 1 into a powerful, kind, forgiving woman season 4 that would make any person that never cheered for her during Season 1 get on their feet and cheer loudly for her now.
4. Some Disney fans struggle with Once Upon a Time, because they want the retelling of the animated features – that won’t happen (and I’m happy about that). One of great things is that it’s like the camera kept running after the Disney animated classics ended – and we see our heroes and villains in real life. What an amazing thing to see the Evil and or Good characters answer or regret decisions they made. Characters from the stories we remember in real life that we know. It causes them to be characters we can relate to, instead of “perfect” heroes that never make mistakes.
5. You (and your viewing numbers) have left/are leaving Once Upon a Time when they need you most. There has always been the talk of OUAT being canceled (Even going back to Season 1, btw), but it can’t go on forever. I’m convinced that Adam and Eddie have an end game story, and they will need all the previous watchers to return to give them a better chance to finish the story.
If you continue to watch, Once Upon a Time – continue reading
If you love ABC TV’s Once Upon a Time, please check out our #2 Itunes rated fan-produced, “Once Upon a Time Fan Podcast” at http://onceuponatimepodcast.com.