Podcast Episode 240
Show notes can be found at:
Thanks to ABC and Disney for providing a review copy of the OUAT Season 3 BluRay discs.
Do you have to own the discs of Once Upon a Time? Can’t you just stream them?
There are many ways that people can get/view/consume TV shows, but we think there is still a place to own either DVD or BluRay discs. The quality of the look of the episodes and the ownership of the episodes in either DVD or BluRay will allow you to enjoy the episodes without the worry about a legal streaming service ever removing OUAT to make room for another show. That plus, some of the extras still make Season 3 a must own.
If you haven’t already, order your OUAT Season 3 DVD/BluRay sets with our affiliate link: http://www.onceuponatimepodcast.com/ouatS3
In a way, the commentaries are (at this point) taking the place of the Official OUAT Podcast. Good insights included and it was a plus to have Robert and Colin, but we wish that Robbie Kay, Rebecca Mader or others in the cast could have been included as in years past.
I felt Mr. Van Winkel would have been a great scene to leave in the episode, because I want to believe that there are many fairy tale characters throughout the OUAT storyline. By leaving in this scene, you wouldn’t have to announce a new character reveal, you would know that any character is possible.
There were many deleted scenes that (to me) are worth owning the discs for.
I wouldn’t consider this segment bloopers, I would consider this “the goofiest moments” of them all. Fun, but not bloopers.
I loved the insight into what makes a villain, or on the flip side, a hero. Peter Pan and Zelena were missing, and I felt that they should have been included, since they were central villians to the A and B arc of Season 3.
Tale of Ariel
This was my favorite. I enjoyed the parts of creating and bringing Ariel to ‘Once Upon a Time’.
1 “The Heart of the Truest Believer”
2 “Lost Girl” Commentary with Andrew Chambliss and Kalinda Vazquez
3 “Quite a Common Fairy”
4 “Nasty Habits”
5 “Good Form”
Bonus Feature – Commentary “Lost Girl”
7 “Dark Hollow”
8 “Think Lovely Thoughts” Commentary by Robert Carlyle, David H. Goodman, and Robert Hull
9 “Save Henry”
10 “The New Neverland”
Bonus Feature – Commentary “Think Lovely Thoughts”
11 “Going Home”
12 “New York City Serenade”
13 “Witch Hunt”
14 “The Tower”
* No Bonus Features on this disc
15 “Quiet Minds”
16 “It’s Not Easy Being Green”
17 “The Jolly Roger” Commentary with Colin O’Donoghue and David H. Goodman
18 “Bleeding Through”
Bonus Features – Commentary “The Jolly Roger”
19 “A Curious Thing”
21 “Snow Drifts”
22 “There’s No Place Like Home” Commentary with Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz
– Commentary “There’s No Place Like Home”
– Wicked Villains: What makes the villains of Once Upon A Time tick? These complicated characters are not only wicked, evil and dastardly but sometimes heroic, charming and brave. The actors who embody these bad guys and the writers who create them take an in depth look at the show’s interpretation of everyone’s favorite foes.
– The Tale of Ariel: Follow the tale of everyone’s favorite mermaid, Ariel, played by Joanna Garcia, as we track the character’s development and story throughout the season. We will see the development of her look, track her story and watch her introduction to the other characters of Storybrooke/Fairytale Land.
– Blu-ray Exclusive Featurette, Inside the Writer’s Room: The Next Big Character – Get an inside look into the secret chambers of the writers of Once Upon a Time.
– Deleted Scenes
Mr Van Winkle: 1 Minute 08 Seconds
A Helping Hook: 1 Minute 09 seconds
Father of the Bride: 1 Minute 27 seconds
A Helping Hook 2: 50 Seconds
Baby Gift: 3 Minutes 41 seconds
Force Fed: 37 seconds
Connected: 58 Seconds.
Princes Leia: 50 seconds.
Liar: 40 seconds.
– The Fairest Bloopers of Them All